- Boil them Cabbages Down: Sunny Hills AC-112; Black Mtn. 4552.
- Cumberland Gap: Blk Mtn. 4555.
- Sourwood mountain: Black Mtn 4555.
- Y-Not Rag, Cripple Creek, Devil's Dream, Flop-eared Mule, Sugar in the Gourd, Soldier's Joy..
- Eisenberg, Helen and Larry, authors of [And Promenade All], 1952.
- Gilpin, Pete, and George Stephens. Bascom Lamar Lunsford "Minstrel of the Appalachians: His ballads and his songs. His Mountain Square Dancing. Asheville, N.C.: Stephens Press, 1966.
- Hendrix, D.B.. Smoky Mountain Square Dances. Sevierville, Tenn.: n.p., 1941.
- Hipps, R. Harold, and Wallace Chappell. A World of Fun. Nashville, Tenn.: Methodist Church, 1959. Pp. 160-174.
- Rohrbough, Lynn. Handy Square Dance Book. 1955.
- Sharp, Cecil J., author of the Country Dance Book, volume V of which describes Running set dances from Appalachia.
- Smith, Frank H.. The Appalachian Square Dance. Berea, Ky.: Berea College, 1955.
- Social Recreation with Music. Richmond, Va.: Presbyterian Book Store, n.d.
This page © 2018 by Ron Houston.
Please do not copy any part of this page without including this copyright notice.
Please do not copy small portions out of context.
Please do not copy large portions without permission from Ron Houston.