- Buchanan, Donna Anne. The Bulgarian folk orchestra: cultural performance, symbol, and the construction of national identity in socialist Bulgaria. 1991. (Univ. of Texas-Austin).
- Dubinskas, Frank.
- Forry, Mark Edward. The mediation of "tradition" and "culture" in the Tamburica music of Vojvodina (Yugoslavia), UCLA, 1990.
- Kemp, Peter. Healing ritual: studies in the technique and tradition of the southern Slavs, by P. Kemp. Published in conjunction with the School of Slavonic and east European studies, University of London. London: Faber and Faber, 1935. (nothing on dance, per se).
- Rice, Timothy. May it fill your soul: experiencing Bulgarian music. Chicago : University of Chicago Press, c1994.
- Sugarman, Jane C. Engendering song: singing and subjectivity at Prespa Albanian weddings Chicago : University of Chicago Press, 1997.
This page © 2018 by Ron Houston.
Please do not copy any part of this page without including this copyright notice.
Please do not copy small portions out of context.
Please do not copy large portions without permission from Ron Houston.