BOOTS AND SHOES
- Anello & Davide, Ltd. London, England. The premier brand in dance boots and hand crafted shoes.
- Capezio New York, New York. Jazz shoes, character shoes, flats, leotards, and tights.
- WorldTone New York, New York. Lani Spear's premier destination for dance shoes.
CAMPS, FESTIVALS, AND INSTITUTES
- American Dance & Music Week La Honda, California. Contras. Held at the Jones Gulch YMCA Camp in July.
- August Folk Dance Camp Socorro, New Mexico. International. Held at The Montezuma Hotel in August.
- Balance the Bay San Francisco, California. English Country Dance. Held at the Pomeroy Recreation Center in August.
- Balkan Music & Dance Workshop Mendocino, California. Balkan, Held at the Mendocino Woodlands in June.
- Beverly and Irwin Barr Folk Dance Camp California. International. Three days and two nights of folk dancing, arts and crafts, walks, and friendship.
- California's Statewide Festival California. International. Held bi-annually in Northern and Southern California in May.
- Cross-Step Waltz Thanksgiving Weekend Albuquerque, New Mexico. Waltz. Held at the Lloyd Shaw Foundation Dance Space in November.
- Csipke Folkdance and Folkmusic Camp Sauk Valleym Michigan. Hungarian. Held at the Sauk Valley Campground in June.
- Dancing Bears Contra Dance Camp Wasilla, Alaska. Contra. English Country Dance. Held at Kings Lake Camp in May.
- Dancing Bears Contra Dance Camp Wasilla, Alaska. Contra. English Country Dance. Held at Kings Lake Camp in May.
- Ellen Golann's Folkdance Weekend Hopewell Junction, New York, 90 minutes north of New York City. International and Israeli. Held at Circle Lodge on scenic Sylvan Lake each September.
- Family Week Aptos, California. American contra and squares, English country and morris dance, Irish, couple dances, and play-party games. Held at the Monte Toyon Camp in July.
- Fontana Clogging Jamboree Fontana Dam, North Carolina. American clog. Held at the Fontana Village Resort in September.
- Hey Days Healdsburg, California. English Country Dance. Held at the Bishop's Ranch in August.
- International Folk Dance Camp (IFC) Hopewell Junction, New York, 90 minutes north of New York City. International. Held at Circle Lodge on scenic Sylvan Lake each May.
- International Pinewoods Camps Plymouth, Massachusetts. International. Held at the Pinewoods Camp in June.
- Kolo Festival San Francisco, California. Balkan. Held at the Croatian-American Cultural Center in November.
- Lark Camp Mendocino, California. International. Held at the Mendocino Woodlands in July.
- Lyrids Folk Dance Festival Vancouver, Canada. International. Held at the Peretz Centre in May.
- Mainwoods Dance Camp Fryeburg, Maine. International. Held at Camp Indian Acres in August.
- Mendocino Folklore Camp Mendocino, California. International. Held at the Mendocino Woodlands in June.
- Mendocino Middle Eastern Music & Dance Camp Mendocino, California. Middle-East dances. Held at the Mendocino Woodlands in July.
- New Mexico Folk Dance Camp Las Vegas Hot Springs, New Mexico. International. Held at the Montezuma Hotel in August.
- Nordic Fiddles and Feet Fairlee, Vermont. Scandinavian. Held at Camp Ogontz in June-July.
- Octoberfest International Dance and Music Festival Ontario, Canada. International. Held at the Hulbert Outdoor Center in October.
- Ontario Folk Dance Camp Ontario, Canada. International. Held at the University of Waterloo in May.
- Pourparler United States. International. Held at various locations throughout the country.
- Razzmatazz International Folk Music and Dance Camp Mendocino, California. International. Held at the Mendocino Woodlands in June.
- Scandia Camp Mendocino Mendocino, California. Scandinavian. Held at the Mendocino Woodlands in June.
- San Antonio Folk Dance Festival San Antonio, California. International. Held on the campus of Our Lady of the Lake University in June.
- Stockton Folk Dance Camp Stockton, California. International. Held at the University of the Pacific in July.
- Texas Camp Bruceville, Texas. International. Held at the Greene Family Camp in November.
- Ti Ti Tábor Hungarian Folk Dance Camp Gig Harbor, Washington. Hungarian. Held at the All Saints Center in July-August.
- World Camp Rock Hill, New York. International. Held at Iroquois Springs in September.
- World Village Music & Dance Institute High View, West Virginia. International. Held at the Timber Ridge Camp in September.
- A Mind Less Ordinary Cèilidh Dances More than 25 English Cèlidh dances described here.
- American Indian Dance Notes Julia Buttree describes many American Indian dances.
- Bali Folk
Lots of international dances and songs.
- Barn Dance Repertoire
Barn Dance has notes for 125 English dances.
- BetBasoo's Assyrian Folk Dances
Peter Pnuel BetBasoo has 30 Assyrian dances noted.
- Bettis' Dance Notes
Andy Bettis has some 60 international dance descriptions in HTML format.
- Carnie's Folkdance Musings
Andrew Carnie has at least 50 international dance descriptions in PDF format.
- Contra Dance List
Cambridge has some 225 contra dances, all notated.
- Copper Knob Stepsheets
George has more than 68,000 stepsheets of line dances on this site.
- Deering's Folk Dance Notes
Tom Deering has nearly 40 balkan dances here.
- Estienne's Country Dance Book Greg Lindahl has some 25 English dances described.
- Evansville IFD Dance Notes Nearly 400 international dance notes in PDF format.
- Folk Dance Federation of California, Inc. (North) Dance Descriptions The Federation, North has many international folk dance notes available.
- Folk Dance Federation of California, South, Inc. Dance Descriptions The Federation, South has many international folk dance notes available.
- Folk Dance Instructions Facebook has links to many international dance instructions.
- Folk Dances Choreographed by Jim Gold Jim has nearly 120 dances online with videos.
- Folkdance Footnotes Gabriola, British Columbia. Don Buskirk's site that has folk dance notes and music.
There are 28 Scandinavian dances notated here, plus an Explanation of Dance Holds and a Glossary of Terms.
- Freewheeler's Contra Dancing
Freewheelers describe the Hambo, Polka, and Schottische.
- Grand Chain Cèilidh Dances
About 20 English Cèilidh dances notes are listed here.
- Grand Chain Scottish Dances
About 20 Scottish dances notes are listed here.
- Hirsh's International Teaching Notes
Carol Hirsh has described over 140 international dances.
- Imber's Israeli Folk Dancing
Martin Imber has about 300 israeli dances described here.
- Internet Archive English Dances
Nearly 20 English dances described here.
- Irish and Scottish Dance Descriptions
Scott MacHaffy has notated a dozen Scottish dances.
- Lloyd Shaw's Cue Sheets
The organization has international, contra, round dance notes.
- McMonagle's Zwiefacher Patterns
Patrick McMonagle has a complete list of Bavarian Zwiefacher dance patterns.
- Miami Valley FD Dance Notes
Miami Falley Folk Dancers' list of international dance notes.
- Northern Junket Folk Dances
International folk dance notes as appearing in Northern Junket.
- Palmer's Pocket Playford
More than 50 English country dances by William Palmer from the Playfore Ball programmes.
- Pluck and Squeeze Welsh Dances
There are 10 dances here from Wales.
- Sacred Circle Dance
About 490 international folk dance descriptions.
- Scottish Country Dancing Dictionary Dances
Scottish dance "cribs" and instructions for some 5,000 Scottish country dances.
- Shapiro's Folk Dance Notes
Bob Shapiro has links to nearly 1,500 international dance notes.
- Sharp's Folk Dance Notes
Cecil Sharp has more than 30 Morris and Sword dances described.
- Thrir Venstri Foetr English Country Dances
More than 60 English Country Dances are notated here.
- Webfeet Dance Instructions
Many English Cèlidh dance links are here.
- White Eagle Dance Notes
The White Eagle Dance Academy has 10 Polish dance notes here.
- Bulgariana Chirpan, Bulgaria. Bulgarian music.
- BalticShop Riga, Latvia. Estonian, Latvian, and Lithuanian music.
- CDmusic.cz Praha, Czechia. Moravian and Bohemian music.
- cdRoots New Haven, Connecticut. Scandinavian, African, Western European music.
- Folk Dance Music & Videos More than 3,000 folk dance tunes listed by alphabet or by country.
- Folklore Discography Search albums by region, label, tracks, or artist.
- Fonó Budapest, Hungary. Hungarian music.
- Greek City Music Toronto, Canada. Greek popular and Rebetica music.
- International Folk Dances San Francisco, California. International Folk Dance music.
- Macedonian Folk Songs A personal, non-profit project and a long term hobby.
- Panoráma Bookstore Bratislava, Slovakia. Slovak music.
- Richard Geisler's International Tunebooks Mendocino, California. Arrangements of folk, traditional, popular, and even classical music for recorders and other instruments.
- Small Serbian Shop Novi Beograd, Serbia. Serbian music.
- Studio 52 Thessaloniki, Greece. Greek popular and Rebetica music.
- Tulumba Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Turkish music.
- AMAN Folk Ensemble Alumni Society Los Angeles, California. A website for the latest news and information about AMAN alumni.
- East European Folklife Center Berkeley, California. Promotes, celebrate, and educate the public about traditional and traditionally based music, dance, and cultures of the Balkans.
- Folk Dance Australia. Promoting understanding and mutual respect for all ethnic groups and promoting folk dance in Australia.
- Folk Dance Federation of California, Inc. Northern California federation of folk dance groups with much more information!
- Folk Dance New Zealand Gateway to folk, ethnic, and cultural dance in New Zealand.
- International Association of Round Dance Teachers, Inc. Longview, Washington. An organization for round dance leaders standardizing dance figures and teaching methodology.
- International Dance Association of San Diego County San Diego, California. A non-profit organization that covers the dance groups of San Diego.
- National Folk Organization Orem, Utah. Promotes and encourages the exchange of folk dance and dance related folklore in the U.S. and abroad.
- Northwest Folk Dancers Inc. Woodinville, Washington. A non-profit "umbrella" organization that promotes folk dancing and ethnic events.
- Ontario Folk Dance Association Ontario, Canada. A non-profit non-profit organization of recreational dancers interested in the traditional music and dances of the world’s different cultures.
- Royal Scottish Country Dance Society San Gabriel Valley, California. Sponsors classes in Scottish Country Dancing at locations throughout Los Angeles and surrounding areas.
- Santa Barbara Country Dance Society Santa Barbara, California. Did we mention how FUN it is? Some of us get sore cheeks from smiling so hard!
- Society of Folk Dance Historians Austin, Texas. The only collection maintained on a daily basis by and for folk dance historians.
- South Coast Folk Society Coos Bay, Oregon. An association of various folk dance groups.
- United Square Dancers of America Littleton, Colorado. The world's largest square dance organization.
- DJPower (for Windows) Optional video beat mixing interface with 52 video transitions for DJs. Program only. Does not support diacritics (Free).
- Folkdance Jukebox (Proprietary) A laptop computer from Dick Killian that allows you to program all of your folkdance music. Does not support diacritics.
- MITPlayer (for Windows) This software by Neil Rosen was originally written for the MIT Folk Dance Club. Program only. While the software does allow you to add dances that already have the diacritics in the digital name, it does not support adding diacritics to files that do not already have diacritics (Free).
- SqView Player (for Windows) Developed for Square Dance Callers, this program allows the user to change Tempo, Pitch, Speed, and Volume and has a clock! Does not support diacritics (Free).
- Winamp Modern Folk Dance Skin (for Windows) Requires one plugin and some configuration to achieve the optimum configuration. Does not support diacritics (Free).
- Balkan Bazaar Greensboro, North Carolina. A wonderful attic of folk treasures to be discovered.
- BalkanFolk Sofia, Bulgaria. An online shop for folklore music, Bulgarian traditional instruments and costumes, souvenirs, books, and more.
- Bourque-Moreau Associeés Folklore Productions Bossard, Québec. Offers a variety of services and products that include workshops, educational programs, books, recordings, and videos.
- Ernst Licht Oley, Pennsylvania. A leading traditional German clothing company which offers full range of costumes inspired by the regional cultures of Germany.
- Festival Records Los Angeles, California. John Filcich has specialized in music of many lands, educational, and folk dance records.
- International Folk Rhythms, Ltd. Northbrook, Illinois. Music from around the world, ethnic dance videos, books, imported danceear, and more.
- Lark in the Morning Mendocino, California. Instruments, books, DVDS, informative articles, and more.
- Smithsonian Folkways Washington, DC. All recordings on the Smithsonian Folkways, Folkways, and other labels are available for sale.