BOOTS AND SHOES
- Anello & Davide, Ltd. London, England. The premier brand in dance boots and handcrafted shoes.
- Capezio New York, New York. Jazz shoes, character shoes, flats, leotards, and tights.
- Shan Shoes Toronto, Ontario. Beautifully made Serbian opanke and other multicultural traditional dancing shoes.
- WorldTone New York, New York. Lani Spear's premier destination for dance shoes.
CAMPS, FESTIVALS, AND INSTITUTES
- American Dance & Music Week La Honda, California. Contras. Held at the Jones Gulch YMCA Camp in July.
- August Folk Dance Camp Socorro, New Mexico. International. Held at The Montezuma Hotel in August.
- Balance the Bay San Francisco, California. English Country Dance. Held at the Pomeroy Recreation Center in August.
- Balkan Music & Dance Workshop Mendocino, California. Balkan, Held at the Mendocino Woodlands in June.
- Beverly and Irwin Barr Folk Dance Camp California. International. Three days and two nights of folk dancing, arts and crafts, walks, and friendship.
- California's Statewide Festival California. International. Held bi-annually in Northern and Southern California in May.
- Cross-Step Waltz Thanksgiving Weekend Albuquerque, New Mexico. Waltz. Held at the Lloyd Shaw Foundation Dance Space in November.
- Csipke Folkdance and Folkmusic Camp Sauk Valleym Michigan. Hungarian. Held at the Sauk Valley Campground in June.
- Dancing Bears Contra Dance Camp Wasilla, Alaska. Contra. English Country Dance. Held at Kings Lake Camp in May.
- Fall Frolick Aptos, California. English Country Dance. Held at the Monte Toyon Camp in October.
- Family Week Aptos, California. American contra and squares, English country and morris dance, Irish, couple dances, and play-party games. Held at the Monte Toyon Camp in July.
- Fontana Clogging Jamboree Fontana Dam, North Carolina. American clog. Held at the Fontana Village Resort in September.
- Hey Days Healdsburg, California. English Country Dance. Held at the Bishop's Ranch in August.
- International Pinewoods Camps Plymouth, Massachusetts. International. Held at the Pinewoods Camp in June.
- Kolo Festival San Francisco, California. Balkan. Held at the Croatian-American Cultural Center in November.
- Lark Camp Mendocino, California. International. Held at the Mendocino Woodlands in July.
- Lyrids Folk Dance Festival Vancouver, Canada. International. Held at the Peretz Centre in May.
- Mainwoods Dance Camp Fryeburg, Maine. International. Held at Camp Indian Acres in August.
- Mendocino Folklore Camp Mendocino, California. International. Held at the Mendocino Woodlands in June.
- Mendocino Middle Eastern Music & Dance Camp Mendocino, California. Middle-East dances. Held at the Mendocino Woodlands in July.
- New Mexico Folk Dance Camp Las Vegas Hot Springs, New Mexico. International. Held at the Montezuma Hotel in August.
- Nordic Fiddles and Feet Fairlee, Vermont. Scandinavian. Held at Camp Ogontz in June-July.
- Octoberfest International Dance and Music Festival Ontario, Canada. International. Held at the Hulbert Outdoor Center in October.
- Ontario Folk Dance Camp Ontario, Canada. International. Held at the University of Waterloo in May.
- Pourparler United States. International. Held at various locations throughout the country.
- Razzmatazz International Folk Music and Dance Camp Mendocino, California. International. Held at the Mendocino Woodlands in June.
- Scandia Camp Mendocino Mendocino, California. Scandinavian. Held at the Mendocino Woodlands in June.
- San Antonio Folk Dance Festival San Antonio, California. International. Held on the campus of Our Lady of the Lake University in June.
- Stockton Folk Dance Camp Stockton, California. International. Held at the University of the Pacific in July.
- Texas Camp Bruceville, Texas. International. Held at the Greene Family Camp in November.
- Ti Ti Tábor Hungarian Folk Dance Camp Gig Harbor, Washington. Hungarian. Held at the All Saints Center in July-August.
- World Camp Rock Hill, New York. International. Held at Iroquois Springs in September.
- World Village Music & Dance Institute High View, West Virginia. International. Held at the Timber Ridge Camp in September.
- A Mind Less Ordinary Cèilidh Dances More than 25 English Cèlidh dances described here.
- American Indian Dance Notes Julia Buttree describes many American Indian dances.
- Bali Folk
Lots of international dances and songs.
- Barn Dance Repertoire
Barn Dance has notes for 125 English dances.
- BetBasoo's Assyrian Folk Dances
Peter Pnuel BetBasoo has 30 Assyrian dances noted.
- Bettis' Dance Notes
Andy Bettis has some 60 international dance descriptions in HTML format.
- Carnie's Folkdance Musings
Andrew Carnie has at least 50 international dance descriptions in PDF format.
- Contra Dance List
Cambridge has some 225 contra dances, all notated.
- Copper Knob Stepsheets
George has more than 68,000 stepsheets of line dances on this site.
- Deering's Folk Dance Notes
Tom Deering has nearly 40 balkan dances here.
- Dunav's Dance Notes
Dunav has nearly 25 international dance notes here click on the footprints.
- Estienne's Country Dance Book
Greg Lindahl has some 25 English dances described.
- Evansville IFD Dance Notes
Nearly 400 international dance notes in PDF format.
- Folk Dance Federation of California, Inc. (North) Dance Descriptions The Federation, North has many international folk dance notes available.
- Folk Dance Federation of California, South, Inc. Dance Descriptions The Federation, South has many international folk dance notes available.
- Folk Dance Footnotes Gabriola, British Columbia. Don Buskirk's site that has folk dance notes and music.
- Folk Dance Instructions Facebook has links to many international dance instructions.
- Folk Dances Choreographed by Jim Gold Jim has nearly 120 dances online with videos.
There are 28 Scandinavian dances notated here, plus an Explanation of Dance Holds and a Glossary of Terms.
- Freewheeler's Contra Dancing
Freewheelers describe the Hambo, Polka, and Schottische.
- Grand Chain Cèilidh Dances
About 20 English Cèilidh dances notes are listed here.
- Grand Chain Scottish Dances
About 20 Scottish dances notes are listed here.
- Hirsh's International Teaching Notes
Carol Hirsh has described over 140 international dances.
- Imber's Israeli Folk Dancing
Martin Imber has about 300 israeli dances described here.
- Internet Archive English Dances
Nearly 20 English dances described here.
- Irish and Scottish Dance Descriptions
Scott MacHaffy has notated a dozen Scottish dances.
- Lloyd Shaw's Cue Sheets
The organization has international, contra, round dance notes.
- McMonagle's Zwiefacher Patterns
Patrick McMonagle has a complete list of Bavarian Zwiefacher dance patterns.
- Miami Valley FD Dance Notes
Miami Falley Folk Dancers' list of international dance notes.
- Northern Junket Folk Dances
International folk dance notes as appearing in Northern Junket.
- Palmer's Pocket Playford
More than 50 English country dances by William Palmer from the Playfore Ball programmes.
- Pluck and Squeeze Welsh Dances
There are 10 dances here from Wales.
- Sacred Circle Dance
About 490 international folk dance descriptions.
- Scottish Country Dancing Dictionary Dances
Scottish dance "cribs" and instructions for some 5,000 Scottish country dances.
- Shapiro's Folk Dance Notes
Bob Shapiro has links to nearly 1,500 international dance notes.
- Sharp's Folk Dance Notes
Cecil Sharp has more than 30 Morris and Sword dances described.
- Thrir Venstri Foetr English Country Dances
More than 60 English Country Dances are notated here.
- Webfeet Dance Instructions
Many English Cèlidh dance links are here.
- White Eagle Dance Notes
The White Eagle Dance Academy has 10 Polish dance notes here.
- Bulgariana Chirpan, Bulgaria. Bulgarian music.
- BalticShop Riga, Latvia. Estonian, Latvian, and Lithuanian music.
- CDmusic.cz Praha, Czechia. Moravian and Bohemian music.
- cdRoots New Haven, Connecticut. Scandinavian, African, Western European music.
- Folk Dance Music & Videos More than 3,000 folk dance tunes listed by alphabet or by country.
- Folklore Discography Search albums by region, label, tracks, or artist.
- Fonó Budapest, Hungary. Hungarian music.
- Greek City Music Toronto, Canada. Greek popular and Rebetica music.
- International Folk Dances San Francisco, California. International Folk Dance music.
- Macedonian Folk Songs A personal, non-profit project and a long term hobby.
- Panoráma Bookstore Bratislava, Slovakia. Slovak music.
- Richard Geisler's International Tunebooks Mendocino, California. Arrangements of folk, traditional, popular, and even classical music for recorders and other instruments.
- Small Serbian Shop Novi Beograd, Serbia. Serbian music.
- Studio 52 Thessaloniki, Greece. Greek popular and Rebetica music.
- Tulumba Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Turkish music.
- AMAN Folk Ensemble Alumni Society Los Angeles, California. A website for the latest news and information about AMAN alumni.
- East European Folklife Center Berkeley, California. Promotes, celebrate, and educate the public about traditional and traditionally based music, dance, and cultures of the Balkans.
- Folk Dance Federation of California, Inc. Northern California federation of folk dance groups with much more information!
- Folk Dance Federation of California, South, Inc. The Federation, South has many international folk dance notes available.
- International Association of Round Dance Teachers, Inc. Longview, Washington. An organization for round dance leaders standardizing dance figures and teaching methodology.
- International Dance Association of San Diego County San Diego, California. A non-profit organization that covers the dance groups of San Diego.
- National Folk Organization Orem, Utah. Promotes and encourages the exchange of folk dance and dance related folklore in the U.S. and abroad.
- Northwest Folk Dancers Inc. Woodinville, Washington. A non-profit "umbrella" organization that promotes folk dancing and ethnic events.
- Royal Scottish Country Dance Society San Gabriel Valley, California. Sponsors classes in Scottish Country Dancing at locations throughout Los Angeles and surrounding areas.
- Santa Barbara Country Dance Society Santa Barbara, California. Did we mention how FUN it is? Some of us get sore cheeks from smiling so hard!
- Society of Folk Dance Historians Austin, Texas. The only collection maintained on a daily basis by and for folk dance historians.
- South Coast Folk Society Coos Bay, Oregon. An association of various folk dance groups.
- United Square Dancers of America Littleton, Colorado. The world's largest square dance organization.
- DJPower (for Windows) Optional video beat mixing interface with 52 video transitions for DJs. Program only. Does not support diacritics (Free).
- Folkdance Jukebox (Proprietary) A laptop computer from Dick Killian that allows you to program all of your folkdance music. Does not support diacritics.
- MITPlayer (for Windows) This software by Neil Rosen was originally written for the MIT Folk Dance Club. Program only. Does not support diacritics (Free).
- SqView Player (for Windows) Developed for Square Dance Callers, this program allows the user to change Tempo, Pitch, Speed, and Volume and has a clock! Does not support diacritics (Free).
- Winamp Modern Folk Dance Skin (for Windows) Requires one plugin and some configuration to achieve the optimum configuration. Does not support diacritics (Free).
- Balkan Bazaar Greensboro, North Carolina. A wonderful attic of folk treasures to be discovered.
- BalkanFolk Sofia, Bulgaria. An online shop for folklore music, Bulgarian traditional instruments and costumes, souvenirs, books, and more.
- Bourque-Moreau Associeés Folklore Productions Bossard, Québec. Offers a variety of services and products that include workshops, educational programs, books, recordings, and videos.
- Ernst Licht Oley, Pennsylvania. A leading traditional German clothing company which offers full range of costumes inspired by the regional cultures of Germany.
- Festival Records Los Angeles, California. John Filcich has specialized in music of many lands, educational, and folk dance records.
- International Folk Rhythms, Ltd. Northbrook, Illinois. Music from around the world, ethnic dance videos, books, imported danceear, and more.
- Lark in the Morning Mendocino, California. Instruments, books, DVDS, informative articles, and more.
- Smithsonian Folkways Washington, DC. All recordings on the Smithsonian Folkways, Folkways, and other labels are available for sale.