Information: Renaissance dance family. (Also known as Basse Dance.)
- Bukofzer, M. "A Polyphonic Basse Dance of the Renaissance," Studies in Medieval & Renaissance Music. NY: Norton, 1950, pp. 190-216.
- Crane, F. Materials for the Study of the 15th Century Basse Danse. NY: Institute of Medieval Music, 1968.
- ----. "The Derivation of Some 15th-century Basse-Danse Tunes," Acta Musicologica 37, 1965, pp. 179-88.
- Heartz, D. Basse-dance article, Annales Musicologiques 6 4, 1958-63.
- ----. Basse-dance article, JAMS 19, 1966, pp. 13-36.
- ----. Roti Bouilli article, J. La Rue, ed, Aspects of Medieval and Renaissance Music. NY: Norton, 1966, pp. 359-75.
This page © 2018 by Ron Houston.
Please do not copy any part of this page without including this copyright notice.
Please do not copy small portions out of context.
Please do not copy large portions without permission from Ron Houston.