Information: Mari Ruef Hofer (1858-1929), author of dance books.
- All the World A-Dancing: a collection of folk dances of various nationalities, with historic comment and authentic description of dance steps. Hoffer, Mari Ruef. Piano arrangements revised by Stella Roberts. Chicago: Summy, 1925.
Instructions and music for 33 dances.
- Camp Recreations and Pageants. Hoffer, Mari Ruef. New York: Association Press, 1927.
- Children's Singing Games, Old and New, for vacation schools, playgrounds, schoolyards, kindergartens and primary grades, rev. and comp. by Mari Ruef Hofer. Chicago: M.R. Hofer, 1901; Chicago: Federal, 1914; Chicago: Flanagan, 1901, 1914, 1938.
- The Christ-Child in Art, Story and Song: the children's Messiah; a Christmas entertainment. Compiled and arranged by Mari Ruef Hofer; music by Miles Birket Foster, Niels W. Gade and others. Chicago: Summy, 1899.
- Christmas in Peasant France: chant de nativite: a Christmas play introducing noels, chansons and traditions fo the people. Compiled and arranged by Mari Ruef Hofer; incidental music by H. Courtland Cobb. Chicago: Summy, 1926.
- Christmas plays, pantomimes and dances. Chicago: Flanagan, 1919, 1922.
- Christmasse in merrie England with old carols, dances and a masque: arranged by Mari Ruef Hofer. Chicago: Summy, 1915.
- Festival and civic plays from Greek and Roman tales: by Mari Ruef Hofer. Chicago: Beckley-Cardy, 1926, 1931.
- A Greek Frieze. Chicago: Summy, 1921.
- Music for the child world: a collection of pianoforte music from the masters and modern writers, especially adapted to the needs of the kindergarten. Revised and ed. by Calvin B. Cady. Chicago: Summy, 1900-11.
- Polite and Social Dances: a collection of historic dances, Spanish, Italian, French, English, German, American, with historical sketches, descriptions of the dances and instructions for their performance; comp. and ed. by Mari Ruef Hofer. Chicago: Summy, 1917.
- Popular folk games and dances, for playground, vacation, school and schoolroom use; arranged by Mari Ruef Hofer. Chicago: Flanagan, 1907, 1923. Rev. ed. Chicago: Federal, 1914, 1920, 1929, 1936.
- Primary and Junior Songs for the Sunday School: a handbook of chants, hymns, responses, sentences and supplementary songs. Chicago: Summy, 1901.
- Recreations of the Greeks and Romans: Shown in Records of Their Plays, Games, Festivals and Physical Training. Hofer, Mari. Master's thesis, University of Southern California, 1928.
- Seasonal Festivals and pageants; arranged by Mari Ruef Hofer. Harvest Festival. Chicago: Summy, 1916.
- Story of Bethlehem; a Christmas play with music. Chicago: Summy, 1912.
- The Teaching of Elementary Music; by Charles H. Farnsworth and Mari R. Hofer. New York: Columbia University Press, 1904.
This page © 2018 by Ron Houston.
Please do not copy any part of this page without including this copyright notice.
Please do not copy small portions out of context.
Please do not copy large portions without permission from Ron Houston.