Information: Ivo Papazov, >Bulgarian clarinetist and band leader.
Other names: Ibryam Hapazov, Ivo Papasov, Ivo Popasov
- Born Ibryam Hapazov in Kurdzali, of Turkish Rom parentage.
- Changed his name to Ivo Papazov during the forced Slavicization of the Turkish minority in the 1980s.
- Formed band Trakiya.
- Hannibal/Ryko misspelled his name as Papasov when they issued "Orpheus Ascending" in 1989.
- Ryko perpetuated the mistake on Balkanology.
- Famous in the west as Papazov/Papasov, Ivo did not reclaim his natal name in 1989 when government policy changed, and neither did Trikiya's accordionist, Nesho Neshev/Nedyaytin Ibryamov or his sax, Yuri Yunakov/Hyusein Aliev.
- Ivo's friends and family still call him Ibryam or Ibryama "the Ibrjam."
- Balkanton BHA 11188 Populyarni Trakiyski Klarinetisti (has Ivo Papazov his first LP). 1983.
- Balkanton BHA 11330 Ibryam Hapazov (Ivo Papazov's first solo LP) (with Petûr Ralchev Trifon Trifonov). 1983/
- Balkanton BHMC 7134 Ivo Papasov (Earlier; traditional; great clarinet).
- Balkanton BHMC 7718 Space Folk Petûr Ralchev; Ivo Papasov et al.
- Balkanton BHMC 7719 Ivo Petur and George.
- Balkanton BTA 11859 Folk Dzhaz Bend Plovdiv (Ivo Papazov's band playing his popular folk jazz).
- Hannibal Orpheus Ascending. 1989.
- Ryko Balkanology.
- Unauthorized? Turkish Music from Bulgaria Popazov.
This page © 2018 by Ron Houston.
Please do not copy any part of this page without including this copyright notice.
Please do not copy small portions out of context.
Please do not copy large portions without permission from Ron Houston.